Instagram

Friday, May 16, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass

Rating: 4 of 5 stars 

This is a highly anticipated ending to the story of the Selection. I am disappointed and satisfied with this conclusion, I know those two contradict but I will explain. I didn't really enjoy the whole first part of the book, because of the way things were between Maxon and America. I also kind of felt that it was not written as well as it could have been, I mean the ideas were great, but the execution, not so much. What I did like was the emotional roller coaster at the end, and the ending!! I was hoping to see more of their life together after the rebel attack, but we didn't really get that. I hope she writes some novellas about what happened after the ending. I liked that America changed a bit, but I still didn't like her very much throughout most of the book. 


Let's see what actually happened, that I hoped would happen:

  • the king gets killed (check)
  • the queen finds out that her husband is more of an ass than she knows, as in he beats his son (not check) 
  • the rebels actually do something that effects the kingdom (double check)
  • America stops being stupid and annoying (not exactly check)
  • Aspen hooks up with someone else (yes! check)
  • America picks MAXON (and Maxon picks America!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meeting by Richelle Mead

The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1)The Meeting by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this! To put it simply, it was short and sweet. After reading the Vampire Academy more than once this is how I thought Dimitri saw Rose. When I found out about this chapter, it made me squeal like a little girl and reading it made my day. It is a very quick read and perfect for VA fans!



View all my reviews

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this series, and this last book is no exception. It was the perfect ending. It answered all the questions I had and left me very satisfied. There were some sad parts but I guess a writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do. I mean it did feel like nothing important or shocking happened, and the ending was kind of predictable, but that doesn't bother me because I wanted her to have a happy ending so badly. I got through this book really quickly, it was effortless and enjoyable.



View all my reviews

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this, but I can't say I was exactly satisfied with the ending. However I am happy that I read the series because over all it is great!

When I was reading the chapters I had to grab a box of tissues because I couldn't see through my tears, I actually think I went through the stages of grief, this was me for a few chapers...




When I accepted what happened I cried some more...

Even after all the crying I do not regret reading it for a single second!!!

View all my reviews