Instagram

Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Selection Reviews, and The One Excitement!!

As most of you must know The One by Kiera Cass, the final book in the selection series is coming out in a few weeks, and I, along with many others am very excited for it. 


Covers play a big role in me picking the books I read, that is if the books were not recommended to me by someone else. These covers are so beautiful, absolutely stunning!! I love so many things about these books, but a huge complaint that I have, that most people have are the length of the first two books, the were so darn SHORT, I hope the last one is longer! We deserve a minimum of 500 pages. 






Here are my brief reviews, and thoughts on the first two books, just as a recap...


This is the first book in the trilogy. I read it in a day, and really loved it! It was like watching the Bachelor, but a lot better! I also like the narrator, she was relatable and nice. I loved her relationship with Aspen and at first I was rooting for the underdog, and even after meeting Maxon, I was still team Aspen. However that all changed when I got to know Maxon, and I fell in love with him. The ending left me craving for more, and I read the second book right after. 






This is the second book in the trilogy. I didn't like this book as much as the first one because it was lacking sweet and romantic moments between America and Maxon, and because of my changed opinion of America. She became so annoying because she was so undecided about the two guys, she was also such a hypocrite. However, I did love the ending, and I am very excited about the next book!!!!









Let's talk about what we hope will happen in the last book:
  • the king gets killed
  • the queen finds out that her husband is more of an ass than she knows, as in he beats his son
  • the rebels actually do something that effects the kingdom
  • America stops being stupid and annoying
  • Aspen hooks up with someone else 
  • America picks MAXON  


And as always some beautiful alternate covers and stuff.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meeting by Richelle Mead

The Meeting (Vampire Academy, #1.1)The Meeting by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this! To put it simply, it was short and sweet. After reading the Vampire Academy more than once this is how I thought Dimitri saw Rose. When I found out about this chapter, it made me squeal like a little girl and reading it made my day. It is a very quick read and perfect for VA fans!



View all my reviews

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this series, and this last book is no exception. It was the perfect ending. It answered all the questions I had and left me very satisfied. There were some sad parts but I guess a writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do. I mean it did feel like nothing important or shocking happened, and the ending was kind of predictable, but that doesn't bother me because I wanted her to have a happy ending so badly. I got through this book really quickly, it was effortless and enjoyable.



View all my reviews

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this, but I can't say I was exactly satisfied with the ending. However I am happy that I read the series because over all it is great!

When I was reading the chapters I had to grab a box of tissues because I couldn't see through my tears, I actually think I went through the stages of grief, this was me for a few chapers...




When I accepted what happened I cried some more...

Even after all the crying I do not regret reading it for a single second!!!

View all my reviews